Julie Fishman Berkowitz, JD, Board Member
Julie Fishman Berkowitz is a Shareholder in the Litigation Department at Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson. Julie’s practice focuses on complex business litigation in the state and federal courts, at the trial and appellate levels, with an emphasis on commercial real estate disputes, banking, and lender liability claims. Her experience also includes class action litigation, commercial mortgage foreclosure actions, and creditors’ rights claims. Julie also provides labor and employment counseling and litigation defense of matters involving discrimination claims, defamation claims, and trade secrets.
Prior to joining the firm, Julie served as a Judicial Intern to retired Honorable Magistrate Stephen T. Brown, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Children’s Bereavement Center, Board of Directors
· American Bar Association, Member
· Beth Torah, Board of Directors
· Dade County Bar Association, Member
· Lawyers for Children America, Attorney Ad Litem
· Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL), Member
Benchmark Litigation, “Top Litigator Under 40,” 2018 and 2019